Friday, May 25, 2012

Steubenville Promo 2011

This is the promo video for the Steubenville Youth Conference that changed my life. Every time I here this song I think about God. It was at a steubenville youth conference that I found my love for the one and only God. It was such an Amazing expierence! I had never seen anyone, especially teenagers, excited about faith. The sad thing was, I came from a Catholic school and you were considered a "nerd" if you went to mass every sunday. (I only went every sunday because my mom dragged me there every weekend) Truth is, I blamed God for everything bad that had ever happened to me. I had a bad relationship with my dad-God's fault. I was bullied for seven years-God's fault. My grandma had cancer three times, the third time it took her away from me-God's fault. I was depressed-God's fault. The list went on and on. I couldn't see how an all powerful God could leave us so helpless and miserable.

That night, during adoration, I felt His presence; He told me that He loves me. That night I beagan to understand John 3:16. "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son so that we might have life in Him." Before, I didn't really believe that some guy named Jesus really died for me, I didn't believe in the miracles, I didn't believe that he could preform miracles. I just thought it was some story that some crazy person wrote. I was so wrong! Jesus really did die for you and me! He really does Love You! It took me a long time to realize that I can't live with out Him. "For without God, you can do nothing"

I wish I could explain better, but, that was my Aha moment. It takes a long time for some people, others might never find that aha moment in their lives. My goal in life is to hel;p people find God and share His love. Please help me do that my sharing my blog.

Your Sister in Christ
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment