Wednesday, January 9, 2013

To all the girls out there...

I know, every girl out there has looked in a mirror and wondered, "Am I Beautiful?"

Let me just say, that is one thing I have struggled with ever since I was little. I never felt beautiful and certainly didn't think others thought so. This is a problem most girls face.

Beauty is something that is much deeper than a lot of people realize. Ever heard of people having "inner beauty?" To me, inner beauty is what makes up a person. Our inner beauty consists of our love for God, how we treat people, our thoughts and actions, and basically who we are as a person. Outer beauty, isn't neccessarily what makes a person beautiful; Make up doesn't make someone a better person...

There's a song by Johnny Diaz that has really spoken to me, it's called More Beautiful You (you can click the link to listen to the song)
Basically, in this song he is talking to a girl who tries to fit into the world's deffinition of "perfect" and she is weighed down by the pain.
 
"Well, little girl twenty one you never thought that this would come
You starve yourself to play the part
But I can promise you there's a man whose love is true
And He'll treat you like the jewel you are

There could never be a more beautiful you
Don't buy the lies, disguises and hoops, they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you, more beautiful you"
 
 
I can't say that I don't let society get to me.
I can't say that I don't see the scars of past regret. 
I can't say that I always see myself as beautiful...
 
What I can say is that I'm not alone. And neither is any girl out there. To all the girls who have been called ugly, or feel ugly, you are not alone and you are NOT ugly! To all the girls who feel useless, you are not alone and you are NOT useless! To all the girls who feel like no one loves them, you are not alone, and YOU ARE LOVED! You are loved by the One who made you, The One who loved you enough to die on a cross, for You! For all the girls out there, who feel worthless, pointless, stupid, unloved, ugly...tell Satan to get out of your head! You are GOOD, BEAUTIFUL, and BELOVED <3 God made you and He loves you so much!

You are Beautiful... 

No comments:

Post a Comment